Chemical Spill At Swimming Pool at Harcombe House, Chudleigh

  Posted: 01.09.18 at 16:10 by The Editor

us on Facebook



Date: 01.09.2018
Time: 11:49
Location: Harcombe House, Chudleigh

2 fire appliances from Middlemoor and Topsham, together with the Environmental Protection Unit from Crediton, were mobilised following a call from a member of staff at the premises, reporting a chemical incident, after swimming pool chemicals were accidentally mixed resulting in noxious fumes being released within a covered pool area.

Within minutes of the initial crew arriving an ambulance was requested for a gentleman in his 50s, suffering from chemical fume inhalation. Preliminary medical assistance was rendered by ourselves until the arrival of South West Ambulance doctors/specialists. In the meantime fire crews, in conjunction with specialist chemical officers, quickly identified the chemicals involved.

Good and steady progress was made preventing any further release, removing the chemical drum involved to open air, making the scene safe and ventilating the pump room and pool house areas. The incident was brought under control at 14:06hrs, whereby crews liaised with the site manager, ensuring safe collection of the chemical drum involved and handing over duty of care. There were no other casualties and these are the full and final details.

Budleigh Salterton’s council car parks look set to escape parking fee price hikes under new proposals due for discussion next week....
Read more...


Share: