Domestic Property Fire Inv A Gas Cooker at Broadway, Woodbury

  Posted: 25.07.18 at 13:23 by The Editor

us on Facebook



Date: 16.07.2018
Time: 20:01
Location: Broadway, Woodbury

3 fire appliances from Middlemoor, Honiton and Newton Abbot were mobilised following calls from occupants of a flat above a post office, saying their kitchen was on fire.

Within minutes of the first appliance arriving and gaining entry to the first floor flat kitchen of the semi detached property, they located the fire involving a gas cooker. They set to work extinguishing it with 2 breathing apparatus wearers, 1 hose reel jet and a safety jet as a precaution.  

At 20:37hrs crews confirmed that whilst all occupants had been accounted for, 2 adults (a male and female in their 30s) and a 5 day old baby were suffering from smoke inhalation. They were initially checked over by fire service crews, until the arrival of the ambulance crew. 

At 20:41hrs the incident was confirmed to be under control. After extinguishing the fire, which started accidentally, the gas cooker was removed to open air. Damage was confined to the cooker and there was no fire spread. After making the scene safe, duty of care was left with the residents of the privately rented flat and Ambulance crew.  

Date: 17.07.2018
Time: 18:04
Location: On A3052, Aylesbeare

Devon and Somerset...
Read more...



Share: