Posted: 02.06.20 at 12:27 by Joseph Bulmer
Exmouth’s McDonald’s at Liverton Business Park will be reopening its drive-thru this week.
The town’s McDonald’s will be one of the last of the fast food chain’s restaurants to reopen its drive-thru.
The McDonald’s at Liverton Business Park will reopen its drive-thru service on Thursday, with diners having to wait a little longer for a sit-down McDonald’s.
There are now 168 drive-thrus open in the UK, with more set to open periodically over the next two days.
The Exmouth restaurant is expecting large queues on Thursday as the previous opening of 39 stores in May did not include East Devon.
A McDonald’s spokesperson previously said: "With fewer employees working in our kitchens and service areas, our teams will still need your patience and support as they continue to adjust to the new ways of working.
"In the last week, on occasion, we have taken the decision to close Drive-Thru lanes where demand has impacted local communities or the safety of our people or customers.
"We will continue to work with local authorities and the police as we extend our reopening plans. With smaller teams, we will still be offering a limited menu over reduced hours, and we ask that you make contactless payments and limit your spend to £25.
"We are continuing to review these measures as we reopen, but for now, these restrictions remain in place to help our employees, customers and delivery partner couriers to remain safe."
The fast food giant has introduced new safety measures to help its staff work safely during the pandemic:
- Capped spend in Drive-Thrus at £25 per car and customers are encouraged to pay by contactless payment methods wherever possible.
- Perspex screens at Drive-Thru windows and employees wearing protective equipment, as well as Perspex screens and floor markings in specific areas in the restaurant and kitchen.
- All McDonald’s employees will be asked to confirm they are fit and able to work, and the company will use contactless thermometers with temperatures taken on arrival at work for every shift.
- Social distancing has been introduced in the kitchens and service areas to help create a safe working environment for restaurant teams.
- Restaurants will return with smaller teams, offering a limited menu.